- Amabile, T. M. (1983). The social psychology of creativity: A componential conceptualization. Journal of personality and social psychology, 45(2): 357-376.
- Amabile, T. M. (1997). Motivating Creativity in Organizations. On Doing What You Love and Loving What You Do. California Management Review, 40(1): 39-58.
- Fleming, N. D. and Miles, C. (1992). Not another inventory, rather a catalyst for reflection. To Improve the Academy, 11: 137–144.
- Kazerounian, Kazem, and Stephany Foley. "Barriers to creativity in engineering education: A study of instructors and students perceptions." (2007): 761-768
- Casakin, H., & Kreitler, S. (2010). Motivation for creativity in architectural design and engineering design students: Implications for design education. International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 20(4), 477-493.
- Liu, Z. and Schonwetter, D. J. (2004). Teaching creativity in engineering. International Journal of Engineering Education, 20(5): 801-808.
- Ryan, R. M. and Deci, E. L. (2000). Facilitation of Intrinsic Motivation, Social Development, and Well-Being. American Psychologist, 55(1): 68-78.
- Savage, N., Birch, R. and Noussi, E. (2011) Motivation of engineering students in higher education, Engineering Education, 6(2): 39-46.
- Winters, K. Matusovich, H. and Streveler, R. (2010). How Student-Faculty Interactions Influence Student Motivations: A Longitudinal Study Using Self-Determination Theory. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education 2010 Annual Conference, Louisville, KY. Session AC 2010-1107.